D.I.A.S.E.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Overview

Go down

Historic Overview Empty Historic Overview

Post by Avitus Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:22 pm

The foundation of D.I.A.S.E was born in 2271 when Dr. Olivier Doucet worked with Nick Croshaw on unraveling the mysteries of the Neso Triangle. Upon returning to Earth Olivier started the building of Doucet Stellar Exploration Ltd. a philanthropic Corporation for the betterment of life through exploration, innovation, and diversity. Using his families accumulated wealth from the past few hundred years Olivier created a small team of Scientists, who over the next two centuries came to the front of their fields in xeno-biology, engineering and astrophysics as they tried to uncover more “jump-points” as they came to be known, explore these new systems, and advance the progress of science and technology.

With the First Contact event in 2438, realizing that they weren’t alone in the universe and seeking to expand its knowledge of how species developed and their culture, Doucet Stellar Exploration Ltd. was among the first human corporations to establish a trading relationship with the Banu Protectorate. This led to the Incorporation of Doucet Stellar Exploration Ltd. under the new name Doucet Interplanetary Assets and Stellar Exploration Enterprises.

When UNE formed the Long Run Research Expedition in 2516, part of the contract was awarded to D.I.A.S.E, and with the Discovery of the Terra system, and the mega-earth then known as 342A.03M. D.I.A.S.E invested heavily in the colonization of Terra putting down two of the original seven colony ships, and set up a research base in the southern hemisphere near the “arranged” rocks which showed signs of a sentient civilization while the planet showed no signs of ever having on. On Terra, D.I.A.S.E slowly rebuilt its corporation from its heavy investment by developing new technologies and working with other organizations to discover new systems beyond Terra.

The company’s friendly relationships with aliens was not well received by the government on a number of occasions: for example DIASE joined the outcry against the Xi’an cold war and the perceived atrocities against the Tevarin with dire economical consequences.. The move proved costly to D.I.A.S.E, losing reputability in the eyes of the Xenophobic Government to the point that even some of its members claimed that D.I.A.S.E. Enterprises was an Anti-human organization. This cost D.I.A.S.E. a good portion of its original Earth based Buildings which were seized by the Government as well as all of it’s Imperial Government based contracts. This in addition to being heavily taxed by the UPE while trading with the Banu (with whom the UPE had an Interstellar Peace & Trade Accord), and Xi’an lead to D.I.A.S.E taking a substantial financial hit. When the onset of the Second Tevarin War in 2603, proved to be highly unpopular with the public D.I.A.S.E. refused to support the war effort of the UPE, and when the war was over allegedly D.I.A.S.E. tried to help the Tevarin preserve their culture and way of life by helping them move outside of the empire, all documents supporting this were never found and it has never amounted to anything more than a rumor. D.I.A.S.E’s compassionate and philanthropist philosophies gained a strong base of support on Terra and the Terran Sphere of Influence over the duration of the 27th century.

During the mid 27th Century D.I.A.S.E once again surged forward, leading the advancements in Antimatter as a use of fuel, and weapon systems during the early years of the Glowing Age, the financial prospects of the antimatter rush ensured that the Corporations long tenure will endure.
The UEE lifted most Sanctions placed upon D.I.A.S.E. at this time to try and stimulate growth in this new industry, as well as to procure Antimatter weapons systems D.I.A.S.E. produced. Their first new Government contract in years.

When the Senator for Terra Terrence Akari started autonomous negotiations for the brokering of a peace treaty with Emperor Kray of the Xi’an Empire in 2789 D.I.A.S.E. supported the liberal minded Senator even with the financial and political repercussions that once again fell upon the Corporation. Fortunately, D.I.A.S.E didn’t have to endure such repercussions of this action for long when just short of 3 years later in 2792 a rebellious uprising broke out across UEE space following the publication of the tragic Massacre of Garron II. The story of which, A terraforming Corp begins to terraform an inhabited planet. The inhabitants weren’t star-travelers, just a developing race, which got wiped out by the atmo-processors.

With the reforms to the Imperium that followed the rebellion and with the new more progressive government in charge of UEE territories, D.I.A.S.E was once again entirely free of it’s sanctions and able to establish a larger market presence for itself on Earth and won back more Government contracts for things other then military technologies. In the wake of this Tragedy D.I.A.S.E. lobbies for the Fair Chance act, and in 2795 the Fair Chance Act is passed, making it a capital crime to attempt to terraform planets with any type of developing life.

The company has since took part in a key UEE scientific project that D.I.A.S.E. has a personal interest in. The development of the repository of information and culture known as the Ark which was completed in 2800.

Humans have yet to officially meet the Kr’Thak however for the purpose of discovery D.I.A.S.E. created an Expeditionary group known as the Mariners of the Stars Expedition, with the Intent being the expansion of the Galactic Community, and exploring diverse new cultures, and exploring the Galaxy beyond the borders of the UEE.

June 21 2942 After successful negotiations, I.C.E. merged with D.I.A.S.E. as its security branch, named “ICE department” to honor the department’s past as a successful PMC.

Today D.I.A.S.E is run by Avitus Doucet, and the corporation his ancestors worked so hard to create is currently one of the most prominent and well-respected businesses on Terra, with a gigantic office building, located in the coastal region of Prime where it stands on one of the remnants of a Colony ship D.I.A.S.E. Enterprises sent their over 400 years ago. This building provides a face for the Corporation and merchant activities, which serves as the headquarters and center of the Corporation. While much of the non-business work is done at a sprawling complex outside of Quasi where they can do research and development relatively undisturbed.

Avitus
D.I.A.S.E. CEO
D.I.A.S.E. CEO

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum